Session #1: Dribbling to Keep Possession:
Activity #2: The Gate Dribbling Game with Pressure
Time: Approximately 15 minutes.
Area: 25 x 25 yards (L x W) or larger depending on how many players you have.
Activity: This activity is a progression from the previous one, which will allow you to give your players a quick water break and then get straight back into action. This time, start with a “bandit” whose job is to stop players from dribbling through the gates. Change the bandit every 30-45 seconds (get them to keep score of how many balls they kicked away).
- Add a restriction whereby players can only dribble with their left foot (or right foot).
- Add another bandit (2 bandits at a time).
- Replace some of the gates with pinnies (or different colored cones) and say that players must go through a cone gate followed by a pinnie gate (or different colored cone gate).
- Add another bandit (3 bandits at a time).
- Make the gates smaller and/or reduce the number of gates.
- Add another bandit (4 bandits at a time).