- Whenever a ball goes out of play or a goal is scored, a coach announces “New Ball!” and rolls another ball into play.
- The ‘new ball’ should be rolled to neutral space or toward the disadvantaged team.
- After a goal, roll the new ball in near the center of the field toward the team that was scored against.
- Do not bounce the “new ball” as it is difficult for these players to judge a bouncing ball at this age.
- Favor the team on the wrong end of a one sided game.
- Favor individual players who are not becoming involved in the game.
- Have parents retrieve lost balls and return them to the coach who just rolled the new ball in so he/she now has 2 balls once more!
- Play 3-4 minute halves with a halftime break.
- This is a fast paced game and they will tire! Remember to put the players in different color pinnies/bibs.
- Modify as necessary!
Guided Discovery Questions: To be asked one at a time to give the players a rest, or during a water break.
- Great goal! What part of your foot did you use to score it? Can anyone else do that? Show me!
- Great move? Show me again. Can anyone else do that? Show me!
- How did you score that goal? Did you run fast or slow?
- How do you stop the other team from scoring? Show me!